What comes to mind when you think of spring? For me it’s open fields, chilly but sunny mornings, the flowers and the trees, I think of my plants and the ways they’re beginning to grow again, of days out with friends, of long walks, cleaning and the putting away of blankets and jumpers switched for a refreshed wardrobe of light, colourful clothing. But I also think of the motivation to grow myself and change, to develop and expand after the sleepy, isolated winter days have passed. That’s what these spring-themed journal prompts for growth are all about.
This spring, I feel I need a refresh. I’ve felt fidgety the last few months and I’ve been called (my tarot cards have been screaming at me for a while) to act. I’ve spent much of the last year healing, learning to slow down, connecting with my intuition to unlock all the little doors inside of me. Now, I feel like it’s time to let some light and air inside those little doors and to start facing whatever’s inside. If I can align that with some cheesy seasonal symbolism, all the better.
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” – Leo Tolstoy
Spring Journal Ideas & Journal Prompts for Growth
- What are your bad habits? How can you work towards kicking them?
- What are you most looking forward to this spring?
- What is your top goal for the season?
- How will you achieve your goal(s) this season?
- How can you align yourself with the season? (for my fellow tree-huggers out there 💚)
- What in your life feels stale? What can you do to shake it up?
- What new hobby would you like to try?
- What new activity can you try outside?
- What do you want to let go of this spring?
- What’s your favourite part of nature?
- Where can you explore this season?
- List your favourite memories of past spings
- How will you change your routines this spring?
- List ways life is different this year compared to last year
- List ways you are different this year compared to last year
- What did you learn over the winter?
- Create a spring bucket list
- How do you want to change/refresh your environment this spring?
- What will you be spring cleaning?
- Write something creative about the change in season, the weather and/or the symbols of springtime
- If you have any, write about your plans for spring holidays/events? Mother’s day? Easter? Cinco de Mayo? Ostara?
- Is there anything you want to prepare before summer? A nice outside space? Some new warm-weather outfits? Starting a garden to harvest all summer?
- Which spring foods are you looking forward to?
- What are your values and priorities right now? How do they differ from last year/last season?
- What are your long term goals? I always feel like spring is a lovely time to make life plans
- Keep a list of all the fun things you do this spring
- Write down the songs you’re listening to this spring (such a joy to rediscover in a few years!)
- What are things are you excited to do that you couldn’t do over the winter?
- What have you learnt from the first quarter of the year?
- What can you add to your self-care routine?
- What are you doing to take care of yourself?
- How can you give yourself a boost at school/work?
- Brainstorm some kind things you can do for the people around you
- What parts of yourself do you want to grow/expand?
- How aligned with yourself do you feel right now?
- What creative hobby/habit would you like to pick up this spring?
- What active hobby/habit would you like to pick up?
- What seeds are you planting in your life right now? What are your intentions for their growth?
- What new skill would you like to start learning?
- Write something to yourself to come back to next spring
There you have my 40 ideas for spring journal ideas – if you have any ideas or answers to share, make sure to leave them in the comments! I’m going to work my way through them in the next few weeks, hopefully learning a little more about myself, pushing some boundaries, doing some soul work and enjoying spring.
Happy soul-searching 💕 Love Ella-Rose xx